Mitchell Lloyd Feldman Esq.
Tampa, Florida personal injury Litigation Lawyer: MITCHELL LLOYD FELDMAN, ESQ., focuses his practice in medical malpractice, workers' compensation and personal injury cases.
HISTORY, EDUCATION AND OVERVIEW
Mr. Feldman is the founding senior and managing shareholder of the firm. Mr. Feldman was born in Brooklyn, NY in 1965. He graduated from the University of South Florida in 1987 with a Bachelor of Science in Finance; he also earned his Juris Doctorate from Emory University, in Atlanta, Georgia in 1995. Mr. Feldman became a member of the State Bar of Georgia in 1995 and the Florida Bar in 1996. Since 1996, he has been a practicing member of the Florida Bar, with emphasis on civil litigation throughout State and Federal Courts in Florida.
Mr. Feldman proudly has prevailed on the majority of the cases that have gone to a jury, specifically winning all personal injury jury trials. He has handled jury trials involving: automobile accidents, trip and falls, breach of contract, as well as whistleblower claims; Mr. Feldman even handled a felony jury trial while working for the District Attorney's Office in Cobb County Georgia in 1995.
Mr. Feldman is admitted to practice in all State Courts of Florida and Georgia. He is also admitted to practice in all Federal District Courts in Florida, including the Middle, Northern and Southern District Courts, as well as The Federal District Court in Atlanta, Georgia. Mr. Feldman founded the firm with shareholder Dale Morgado in the year 2009. He had previously managed the Tampa and Ocala offices of his former firm where he was a partner for over ten years. Mr. Feldman relocated to Tampa in the year 2000, after living and practicing previously in South Florida.
Mr. Feldman is a member of the Tampa Chamber of Commerce, NELA, the Friends of 440, the American Bar Association, and the Hillsborough County Bar Association. His practice areas are broad in scope, with the emphasis on civil litigation, concentrating on serious Automobile Accidents and Medical Malpractice cases and workers' compensation. He has 15 years of experience in workers' compensation cases, having handled dozens of trials before judges of compensation claims resulting in a winning track record. Additionally, Mr. Feldman has handled appeals in these areas and others, including testifying before the First District Court of Appeal in Tallahassee Florida and the 2nd DCA in Lakeland Florida.
Mr. Feldman is married, and has 2 children. He enjoys skiing, outdoor activities, attending Tampa Buccaneers games, Lightning games, Rays Games, travel. He has also been a frequent lecturer at educational conferences throughout Florida on topics in personal injury, civil litigation and trial practice.
Areas of Practice
- 75% Employment law
- Overtime and Minimum wage violations
- Whistleblower claims
- Federal False Claim Act and Qui Tams
- Business Partner disputes
- Shareholder and LLC member disputes
- Class actions
- Wrongful Death
- Business torts: interference and defamation
- Employment contract litigation
- Products Liability/Defective Products
- Family Medical Leave Act Claims
- Wrongful termination
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Florida, 1996
- Georgia, 1995
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida Trial Bar
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D. - 1995
- University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida
- B.S. - 1987
- Major: Finance
- Mann v. DOT (Circuit Court, Alachua County, Gainesville, Florida 2007)
- Craig v. RJD Enterprises, d/b/a McDonald's (Circuit Court, Sarasota County 2001)
- Heiffer v. IDS Telcom (Broward County Circuit Court 2004)
- Mohammed v. Big Bend Belcher (County Circuit Court 2012)
- Speaker, Florida RIMS
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia, Member, 1995 - Present
- Florida Bar, Member, 1996 - Present
- Risk Insurance Management Society (RIMS), Member
- WCCP, Member
- PCCP, Member
- West Coast Claims Association, Member
- Tampa Chamber of Commerce, Member
- National Multi-Million Dollar FLSA, Counsel
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Tampa and Ocala/Gainesville Offices, Managing Partner
- Phi Kappa Tau