Proven Advocates for the Rights of Florida Workers:
Discrimination • Harassment • Retaliation • Restrictive Covenants
Employers seem to have all the power. They make the rules. They write the paychecks. Under the doctrine of employment at will, they can hire and fire as they please. When employers abuse that power, however, workers are protected by federal and state laws.
That is where the employment law attorneys of Feldman Morgado, P.A., come in. We understand that it is intimidating to stand up to an employer. We will fight that fight for you. We make employers pay for violating employees' civil rights or condoning workplace abuse.
Protecting Your Interests. Enforcing Your Rights.
Our trial lawyers have won damages in discrimination, harassment and employment claims across Florida. Contact us today for a free consultation with a knowledgeable attorney.
Florida Employment Litigation Lawyers
We have held employers responsible for illegal treatment in hiring and terms of employment, in workplace conduct, and in layoffs and termination. Specifically we handle:
- Employment discrimination under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Civil Rights Act of 1991 — Unequal treatment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin
- Sexual harassment under Title VII — Unwelcome sexual overtures or other offensive conduct creating a hostile work environment
- Age discrimination under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) — Unequal treatment of workers over age 40
- Disability discrimination under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) — Refusal to hire or refusal to make reasonable accommodations in the workplace
- Family leave discrimination under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Pregnancy Discrimination Act — Termination or retaliation for getting pregnant or taking FMLA leave
- Wrongful termination — Actual termination or constructive discharge based on discrimination or for reporting employer abuses
- Whistleblower claims — Retaliation for reporting illegal activity and filing claims
- Wage and hour claims — Unpaid overtime, minimum wage violations and other abuses prohibited by the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Employment agreements — Litigation of non-compete agreements and other restrictive covenants that create undue burdens on employees
The Experience and Commitment to Stand Up for Your Rights
In addition to the federal acts listed above, Florida has its parallel Civil Rights Act, which protects employees in the same classifications. Feldman Morgado we will be your advocate in filing a charge with the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or the Florida Human Rights Commission.
Our trial lawyers have more than 50 years of combined experience litigating employment law cases in state and federal courts, including notable settlements and verdicts for harassment, discrimination and retaliation. We will pursue full damages for your losses, including back pay, front pay and emotional distress, and we are prepared to go to trial if necessary to secure justice.
Explore Your Possible Claims
We understand that you have to balance your rights and your dignity with economic realities. In your free case evaluation, we will discuss your rights and the merits of your claim. This is completely confidential unless and until you decide to file a claim, and we do not get paid unless and until we recover compensation for you.
Contact us today. Feldman Morgado has offices in Tampa, Ocala/Gainesville, Miami, Naples, Jacksonville, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida, and in Atlanta, Georgia.