Protecting the Rights of Workers in Georgia
Atlanta and Decatur Employment Discrimination Lawyers
Employers have broad discretion in hiring, in the workplace and in termination. They can hire whom they please and fire employees without justification. However, certain classes of workers are protect when adverse employment actions are based on prejudice and self-serving discrimination.
The Georgia employment law attorneys of Feldman Morgado, P.A. are your staunch advocates against illegal and unjust discrimination. We understand that it is a scary proposition to stand up for your rights, with your current job or future employability at stake. We take the fight to employers and make them pay for violating civil rights laws or failing to protect employees from discriminatory and dehumanizing treatment.
Protecting Your Interests. Enforcing Your Rights.
Our trial lawyers have won damages in employment lawsuits on behalf of clients across Greater Atlanta and North Georgia. Contact us today for a free, discreet consultation.
Georgia Employment Litigation Lawyers
We have held employers responsible for illegal treatment in hiring and terms of employment, in workplace conduct, and in layoffs and termination. Specifically we handle:
- Employment discrimination under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act — Unequal treatment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin
- Age discrimination under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) — Discrimination in hiring and treatment of workers over age 40
- Family leave discrimination under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) — Adverse employment actions for taking extended leave from work to care for loved ones
- Pregnancy retaliation under the Pregnancy Discrimination Act — Termination or other sanctions against women for getting pregnant or taking maternity leave
- Disability discrimination under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) — Discrimination in hiring and refusal of workplace accommodations
- Gender discrimination under Title VII, the Equal Pay Act and other laws — Unequal treatment based on sex, such as "glass ceiling" claims or exclusion from occupations
- Sexual harassment under Title VII — Unwelcome advances, or other offensive conduct creating a hostile work environment
- Employment agreements — Litigation of Georgia non-compete agreements and other restrictive covenants that create undue burdens on employees
- Wrongful termination — Termination based on discrimination or protected activities such as filing civil rights claims
Experienced Trial Lawyers Advocating for Your Rights
Feldman Morgado we stand with you in filing a formal complaint with the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or the Georgia Human Relations Commission. We will then pursue your compensation or other remedy through a negotiated settlement or by going forward to trial if necessary.
Managing shareholder Mitchell Feldman leads our Georgia civil litigation practice. He has litigated in state and federal courts of Georgia and has a record of notable results in civil lawsuits for employment abuses. Our legal team will fight for your back pay, front pay and damages for the emotional distress you have unjustly endured.
Explore Your Case with an Atlanta Employment Law Lawyer
We understand that taking legal action against a current or former employer is intimidating. In your free case evaluation, we will give you an honest assessment of your potential claim. Our consultation is completely confidential. There are no attorney fees unless we go forward and recover compensation for you.
Contact our Atlanta office to discuss your situation with the employment discrimination lawyers of Feldman Morgado. We have offices in Tampa, Ocala/Gainesville, Miami, Naples, Jacksonville, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida, as well as Atlanta, Georgia.