Get Help From Our Temple Terrace Workers’ Comp Lawyer
We Get Justice For Workers
Have you suffered a work-related injury or disabling condition while on the job in Temple Terrace? If so, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits.
Unfortunately, the process of claiming workers’ compensation benefits can be complex and frustrating. That’s why it helps to have an experienced Temple Terrace workers’ compensation attorney on your side, fighting for your rights. These professionals can help you navigate the difficult terrain associated with on-the-job injuries.
At Feldman Legal Group, we can put our knowledge of federal and Florida state workers’ comp laws and the claims and appeals processes to work for you, allowing you to focus your energy on what is most important — your recovery.
Understanding Workers’ Comp Law in Florida
Our Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Temple Terrace, FL, Explains
Sometimes what should be straightforward can end up becoming complex. This is the case with workers’ compensation claims. As a result, these critically essential benefit claims are often denied, which leaves Temple Terrace workers struggling with a work-related illness or injury, in a potential financial crisis
At Feldman Legal Group, our experienced workers’ compensation attorneys in Temple Terrace are well-versed in all aspects of employment law, including which benefits you are entitled to, such as:
- Immediate Coverage: Employees in Florida become eligible for workers’ compensation insurance on their first day of work. Workers’ compensation, also known as temporary disability, compensates for lost wages due to a work-related illness or injury. Additionally, you will be eligible for free medical care and compensation for disability, disfigurement, or any permanent injury sustained.
- Benefits for Employees of Out-of-State Organizations: If you are an employee of an out-of-state employer and were injured on the job while in Temple Terrace, you are still entitled to workers’ compensation benefits.
- Compensation and Negligence: Negligence plays a much lesser role in workers’ compensation claims in Florida. You can still collect your benefits even if your employer is not at fault. Even more interesting, in some cases, you may still be eligible for benefits if you were at fault for the injury.
Want to know how Florida workers’ comp laws impact you? Our Temple Terrace workers’ compensation attorneys can review your case and explain other aspects of the law that may affect your settlement. They can explain what your settlement might look like and the filing and approval process. They can also address the possibility of denial and what the next steps might be.
Managing the Workers’ Comp Process in Temple Terrace
Claims for which you can be compensated in Florida are considerable. While some are obvious — like injuries from falls, burns, cuts, or slips while working — others may be more surprising. These include injuries or illnesses sustained . . .
- In a motor vehicle accident while traveling as part of your job
- From repetitive strain
- Due to prolonged chemical exposure.
There are also injuries and illnesses for which you would be unable to collect workers’ compensation. An example would be an injury caused by your doing something that is intentionally dangerous. This is not to say that you cannot ever get compensation if you are to blame. It is best to speak with an attorney to see what your options are before filing a claim.
This may not be true. If an accident at work is the major contributing cause and results in your needing medical treatment, your care should be covered.
Available Compensation for Injuries to Temple Terrace Workers
“How much can I expect to receive?” is a question regularly asked of our legal professionals. Because each case has its own unique factors affecting the outcome, offering a generalization regarding settlements is not possible.
However, we can provide information about the benefits to which you may be entitled. These include:
- Lost wages or salary
- Expenses related to rehabilitation
- Costs associated with retraining or recertification after time off work
- Compensation for permanent disability
- Recovery for dependents if a worker dies.
As your Temple Terrace workers’ compensation attorney, we can offer a better estimate of what your settlement might be once we have more information regarding your specific case.
Get the Best Possible Representation in Your Temple Terrace Workers’ Compensation Case
Get The Feldman Law Experience
Our team is experienced in providing legal representation to clients in Temple Terrace and throughout the state of Florida. Our managing attorney, Mitchell Feldman, has over 25 years of experience handling workers’ compensation cases. He and his team know all too well the strategies that insurance companies use to lower benefits and keep settlements minimal.
We are a highly regarded part of the Temple Terrace business community and are well-known for our success in protecting area employees. Because of our years of experience, we know the judges, doctors, and lawyers in the workers’ compensation world and understand their influence. We can leverage this knowledge when representing you, helping you get the settlement you deserve.
Don’t Wait to Get Help
If you’ve been injured or been diagnosed with an illness due to unsafe workplace exposure, there are some critical first steps that you must take. Time is of the essence, though, as you only have 30 days to file a workers’ comp claim, so it’s essential to take the following steps as soon as you can after an injury:
- Report your injury to your supervisor immediately. Document everything that is said and that transpires between you and your employer and their insurance company during this time.
- Request a DWC-1 form from your employer. Ensure the top section is filled out and sent to the insurance carrier.
- Seek medical treatment immediately, even if you feel like your injuries are minor. Have your doctor document everything about your condition, advised times off work, and any treatments or therapies you need for your recovery.
- Refrain from giving a statement to insurance companies as they are trained to get you to make comments that could hurt your case.
- Find a lawyer who understands the complex world of workers’ compensation and how to fight for your rights.
Contact Our Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Temple Terrace Today
Contact the skilled, knowledgeable, and reputable Temple Terrace workers’ compensation attorneys at Feldman Legal Group today. Our team has a reputation for actively listening to our client’s concerns, providing answers, and successfully representing their interests.
Contact us today at 877-946-8293 to schedule a consultation with one of our Temple Terrace workers’ comp attorneys and learn more about how we can help you.
Our goal is to maximize your settlement and protect your future.