Do not kid yourself. Even a small fender-bender can result in thousands of dollars of damage. Accidents that involve serious injury can incur costs and damages in exorbitant amounts. If you suffer a serious injury in a car accident due to the negligence of another driver, the best thing you can do is to seek the guidance of an attorney who handles car accident cases on a regular basis. There is skill involved in knowing how to fight for the maximum compensation you may be entitled to for your losses. You need someone who will aggressively fight to recover a judgment or settlement in your favor.
A skilled car accident lawyer has is a list of experts to contact. These experts can put you in the best position to prove your case and can be useful in obtaining a settlement.
So what types of experts might be useful in proving your case? Your attorney can reach out to the following:
- Accident scene reconstruction experts can recreate the scene and show what occurred
- Safety experts can show whether the vehicle was being driven in a safe manner or if precautions were taken
- Forensic specialists, metallurgists and computer graphics experts can provide testimony about the cause of the accident and can help identify the proper parties to sue
- Medical experts can testify about the type of injury you received
- Economists and forensic accountants can testify about the amount of wages that you lost