OUR EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT DISPUTE ATTORNEYS FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS
Contracts are legally binding agreements that spell out what each party is expected to do or not do in an agreed upon situation, such as when exchanging good and services, and to provide protection when legal issues arise. Contract disputes occur when one party violates the terms of a contract and fails to honor its legal obligations. Whether the dispute is caused by employees, vendors, partners, suppliers, or customers, resulting problems can be devastating to a business and require legal action to remedy the situation.
Contract disputes are complicated, and making mistake can be costly, but the experienced employment attorneys at the Feldman Legal Group are available to help resolve your issues, protect your rights, and create successful outcomes for you. We know how to negotiate for fair resolution to your issues but are skilled litigators fully prepared to take your case to court if necessary.
We have decades of experience handling contract disputes and know what to do to create favorable outcomes. Call us now to speak with a Tampa employment contract dispute lawyer to determine the best way to handle your contract dispute.
EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT DISPUTE ATTORNEYS IN TAMPA WORK FOR YOU
WHY CHOOSE US?
When you are dealing with a complicated employment contract dispute, you should have a lawyer on your side who understands contracts, is results-driven, and has the experience and resources to properly handle your case. Here are some reasons why we believe Feldman Legal Group is your best choice:
- We have the knowledge, skill, and experience to help you. Attorney Mitchell Lloyd Feldman has been a civil litigator, who has worked on both the defense and the plaintiff sides of cases for over two decades, so he knows how the system works for both plaintiffs and defendants. Mr. Feldman is admitted to practice in all state courts of Florida and Georgia and the federal District Court in Atlanta, Georgia.
- We provide personalized attention for our clients. You will work with a dedicated employment contract dispute attorney who has handled cases like yours and knows how to look out for your interests and show the extent of the harm caused by the dispute.
- We have a long record of success and many satisfied clients. You can read their testimonials to prove it.
- We are recognized in the community and have won many awards, including Martindale-Hubbell peer rated for highest level of professional excellence 2023, Lead Counsel Verified – since 1997, The National Trial Lawyer Top 100, Avvo Rating 10.0 (superb), and Elite Lawyer – since 2020.
You can call us any time to start working to resolve your contract issues.
HOW OUR EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT DISPUTE LAWYERS HELP
Time is of the essence when trying to resolve employment contract disputes. When you have a Tampa employment contract dispute attorney from Feldman Legal Group on your side, we will start working for you immediately. We will:
- Meet with you to learn all aspects of your dispute and how you would most prefer to have it resolved.
- Review the entire contract and find those areas of the law we can use to support your case. Because we understand how a court will likely interpret a particular contract or its clauses, we can advise you on the best course of action.
- Investigate the situation and collect and evaluate all evidence in the case and interview relevant parties.
- Negotiate with the opposition and their attorneys to convince them to honor their responsibilities. We look to find grounds for an agreement and favorable settlement that will end the dispute and avoid a lengthy trial, with its costs, negative publicity, and potential embarrassment.
- Take your case to court if necessary, and present evidence, show that a legal obligation exists, and use the language of the contract to advocate for successful resolution.
Our firm has successfully won cases against some of the largest employers in America and will use our knowledge, experience, and legal strategies to get the best results for you.
THE MOST COMMON TYPES OF EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT DISPUTES
Employment contract disputes are an unfortunate part of doing business. The reality is that we are dealing with people, and sometimes they will fail to honor their contractual obligations. The most common types of employment contract disputes our Tampa attorneys deal with include:
- Breach of contract: Breach of contract occurs when one party fails to fulfill its promised obligations as outlined and agreed to in the contract. The goal of a settlement is to place the harmed party in the same economic position they would have been in had no breach of contract occurred, often through a monetary award.
- Disputes from misunderstandings of contract agreements: Misunderstanding disputes often arise from unclear or incomplete contracts or contracts that have not been drafted properly. When terms are vague or there are misunderstandings of the terms, the contract can collapse if steps are not taken to quickly reconcile the two different interpretations. Our Feldman legal team will examine how your contract is worded and whether its provisions are legal.
- Partnership disputes: At times, partners disagree about what is best for their business. Arguments arise over leadership roles, responsibility, money, and compensation.
- Non-compete issues: Many businesses have employees sign a non-compete agreement which prevents them from engaging in certain business practices for a specific length of time after they leave their job. Employees often violate these agreements, especially if they are written broadly and are unenforceable
- Lease disputes: These disputes arise when there are differences of opinions about the roles and responsibilities in a lease..
- General liability: Property owners have a legal obligation to keep their premises safe. When injuries occur on the property, it can result in a dispute about which parties (such as a landlord and a contracted security company) are responsible.
EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT DISPUTE LAWYERS KNOW OPTIONS FOR RESOLVING DISPUTES
Employment contract disputes often cause significant challenges in getting things completed on time and can expose you to lawsuits, fines, and unhappy customers and employees. When situations like this arise, a contract dispute attorney knows the options that can work to resolve the differences. These include:
- Identifying the causes of the dispute and resolve them through negotiations. Negotiation can be effective in situations such as where there are vague portions of the contract that are interpreted differently by each party. Your attorney may be able to make changes to the contract that make them acceptable to both parties, or use proven legal strategies to get the contract enforced instead of filing a lawsuit.
- Determining whether the contract has enforceability and severability. Doing this before filing any lawsuit will help determine if going to court is a viable option after negotiations fail.
- Using mediation to resolve disputes. Both sides can agree to hire a private mediator to help come to an agreement, or a mediator can be appointed by the courts. Mediation is less expensive than a lawsuit and allows parties to come up with creative solutions.
- Using arbitration to resolve disputes. An arbitrator is a neutral third party who reviews the points of view of both parties and makes a decision as to how the issue will be resolved. Attorneys from both sides can submit evidence or present oral testimony or arguments. Arbitration is faster and less expensive than litigation.
- File a lawsuit. If all forms of resolution fail, your attorney can file a lawsuit. Sometimes issues can still be solved during the discovery process, or mediation or arbitration may be ordered by a judge before going to trial. If a trial is the only option, a decision will be made in the form of a verdict.
If a trial is necessary, our team of employment contract dispute lawyers in Tampa will advocate for your best interests. You will never be referred to another attorney with less experience, but will work with knowledgeable, experienced, and dedicated professionals who will not stop until we create favorable outcomes in your case.
EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT DISPUTE ATTORNEY IN TAMPA ANSWERS FAQS
When faced with employment contract disputes, you are bound to have questions and concerns. These are best addressed at your initial consultation, but to get started, here are some answers to questions our attorneys are often asked:
How are employment contract disputes resolved?
Employment contract disputes are often settled by the different parties agreeing to take action to correct the situation. When this fails, legal action is taken by going to court. You are suing for financial damages awarded to you because of your losses.
How can I avoid employment contract disputes?
The best ways to avoid a contract dispute at work are to document everything, be clear on your position, clarify anything you don’t understand, and work with a skilled contract attorney both when drafting or entering into a contractual arrangement and when a dispute arises.
What are the most common types of employment contract disputes?
The most common disputes we see include breach of contract, errors in the contract, and coercion or fraud.
What are the common remedies for employment contract disputes?
You have a number of options when seeking out remedies for employment contract disputes, including cancellation, restitution, specific performance, and damages.
What is a material breach of contract?
A material breach of contract is when one party fails to perform their obligations. This causes irreparable damage, and the affected party has the option to sue to recover damages.
What is a minor breach of contract?
A minor breach of contract is when a small breach occurs that is immaterial. The core of the contract is still in place. Both parties must fulfill the terms of the contract in these situations. The party that didn’t breach the contract has the option of seeking out damages.
When you have Feldman Legal Group on your side, we will be there to answer all your employment contract dispute questions as they arise.
CALL OUR TAMPA EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT DISPUTE ATTORNEY TO GET THE HELP YOU NEED
Employment contract disputes can be settled with the help of a Tampa employment contract dispute lawyer. At the Feldman Legal Group, you will work with an experienced attorney that will give you practical advice you can use. You will never be passed on to someone with less experience and will always know what is happening with your case. Our attorneys will give your case the personal attention it deserves. We will not stop until we create favorable outcomes that are satisfactory for you.
Time is of the essence when faced with an employment contract dispute, and the sooner you speak with our Tampa attorneys, the sooner we can help straighten out your issues. We will evaluate all your options, answer your questions, and help you to find solutions. Call now.