Spinal cord injuries are one of the most serious and debilitating possible. The spinal cord is needed to perform the most essential tasks. When you have a spinal cord injury you are dealing with the pain, suffering, and inability to get around. Your family and friends help but they can only do so much. The financial costs and your inability to work are taking their toll on you. You are becoming frustrated, angry, and desperate for someone that can help you.
Situations like this are not uncommon for those suffering from spinal cord injuries. Every year, 17,810 new injuries are reported in the United States. The causes vary, with the majority happening because of car accidents. In many cases, total paralysis occurs and the costs will soar.
These start with large upfront costs of over $1.1 million for the first year. They go up each year after this by an average of $199,637. Most people can’t afford these costs, and not doing anything means you will quickly go broke.
You do have options by contacting a Tampa spinal cord injury lawyer. Our seasoned personal injury attorneys will go over your case and consult with independent medical professionals. They will examine you and give us an independent analysis of your injuries. We use this information and other evidence to go after those that are responsible for causing your injury.
If you are injured through someone else’s negligence, you have the option of suing them for your past medical bills, future healthcare costs, lost wages, future earnings, pain, suffering, and emotional distress.
A skilled Tampa spinal injury lawyer will go over your case and help you to pursue the best options. Call Feldman Legal Group today to discuss your case at (813) 639-9366.
WHY CHOOSE FELDMAN LEGAL GROUP?
If you are suffering from a spinal injury, you need dedicated professionals on your side. You can’t go with just any attorney – they might not know how to handle these exceptional cases.
Spinal cord injuries are particularly complex, and you need someone on your side that knows what to do. The Feldman Legal Group handles these cases and will fight for you. You work with a dedicated Tampa spinal cord injury attorney that will help guide you through the process. You will never feel alone because you will have knowledgeable, experienced, and skilled professionals on your side.
Our firm is here to help the victims of these accidents get the help and resources they need. We can’t change the past, but a skilled spinal injury attorney will make sure you don’t have to worry about your medical bills or lost income.
Our clients give us five-star reviews for our knowledge, professionalism, experience, and skill. A team of dedicated professionals works with you to ensure that nothing is left to chance. This increases our odds of success, and it makes sure we are doing everything to help you.
HOW OUR SPINAL CORD INJURY ATTORNEY IN TAMPA CAN HELP
Our team will give your case the attention it deserves. We are here to make everything easier so you can relax in knowing that you have dedicated professionals working for you. Our team of Tampa spinal cord injury attorneys does everything, including:
- Filing all of the necessary paperwork.
- Investigating your case and collecting evidence.
- Working with independent healthcare professionals to evaluate your injury and any secondary injuries.
- Handling all negotiations and working with the other side to come to a settlement that covers your lost income, medical bills, pain, suffering, and emotional distress.
- A sense of caring, compassion, and dedication to get the best results for you.
- Personal attention to ensure that nothing is left to chance.
- Extensive knowledge, experience, and skill in handling these cases.
- A proven track record from clients who suffer from similar injuries as you.
All of these things increase the chances of our getting favorable outcomes for you. You work with dedicated professionals that care and treat you with respect.
LEGAL GUIDANCE FOR MAXIMIZING COMPENSATION IN SPINAL INJURY CASES
Getting the proper amounts of compensation for your injuries requires doing certain things after the accident. Here are the appropriate steps to take to protect your rights:
- Seek medical attention: The first thing you want to do if you are injured is get immediate medical attention. Your life and health are on the line and you can’t take any chances. The attending physician will make out a report recording your injuries and what was done to treat you. We use this information to show what happened to you after the accident and how your situation is becoming worse.
- Contact the Tampa spinal cord injury attorney: Next, you want to contact us and speak with a spinal injury lawyer. We will set up a consultation to go over your case. Your attorney will help you to navigate the legal process, gather evidence, and represent you in court (if necessary). Our investigative approach gets results and ensures that nothing is left to chance. We will not stop until we create successful outcomes for you.
- Document everything: You want to keep track of all lost wages, medical bills, and any other documentation related to your injury. This helps us to calculate the damages and show how this injury is changing your life. We could use this as leverage to get damages for pain, suffering, and emotional distress.
- Don’t go for the first offer: Lots of times insurance companies and those with deep pockets will offer lowball settlements. This doesn’t cover the damage, and it is an initial attempt to try to settle the case. Never accept any offer without consulting with a spinal injury attorney first. We will help you decide if the offer is fair and work to negotiate a better one for you.
- Be patient: Spinal injury cases will take time to resolve everything. You must be patient and work with your spinal injury lawyer to build a strong case. The best thing you can do is follow their advice and not worry about how fast things are progressing. The wheels of justice move slowly, and getting you the proper settlement takes time.
Spinal injury cases are unique, and the compensation will depend on lots of factors. The best approach is to follow these steps to ensure your rights are protected. We recommend speaking with a skilled attorney as soon as possible to get the help you need. Time is of the essence in these cases, and we need to act fast to ensure we document and protect all evidence. This increases our leverage and the odds of negotiating a strong settlement.
FIGHTING FOR FAIRNESS: THE LEGAL ASPECTS OF SPINAL INJURY CLAIMS
Spinal injuries will have serious consequences on your ability to work, take care of yourself, and provide for your family. It is important to understand your legal rights and the options to get compensation. Here are some of the steps in the legal process to build a case.
- Initial consultation: This is the first meeting between you and your spinal cord injury lawyer in Tampa. We will go over your case and what options we can pursue.
- Building your case: A team of investigators will gather evidence such as medical records, eyewitness statements, pictures, videos, and any evidence to support your case. This information is used to calculate the appropriate amount of damages. These figures are used as a guideline in deciding what settlements are acceptable.
- Negotiating a settlement: Once your attorney has built a strong case they will negotiate with the other side for a fair settlement. You work with a spinal injury lawyer that has experience in these cases and will not stop until we get the best results for you.
- Statute of limitations: You have a limited amount of time to file a spinal injury claim under the statute of limitations. In Florida, the statute of limitations is four years from the date of your injury. Time is of the essence in these cases and you want to speak with a skilled attorney right away.
- Protects your rights: You have rights throughout the process and your attorney works to protect these rights. They keep you informed about what is happening.
- Expert witnesses: Sometimes expert witnesses are needed to show the extent of your injuries and the impact on your life. Your attorney finds and retains expert witnesses to strengthen your case.
- Discovery: Discovery is when both sides are exchanging information and evidence. This includes deposition, interviews, and requests for documents.
- The trial: We prefer to settle but are prepared to go to trial. Your spinal injury attorney will represent you in court and look out for your best interests.
- The appeal: We have the option of filing an appeal if we are unhappy with the outcome of the trial. This is when we are asking a higher court to order a new trial or modify the judgment.
These are some of the steps that we use to build spinal injury cases. Your attorney will help guide you and ensure that nothing is left to chance. This increases the chances that you will get the maximum settlement under the law.
If you have additional questions, contact a spinal cord injury attorney in Tampa at Feldman Legal Group today at (813) 639-9366.
CONTACT A TAMPA SPINAL CORD INJURY ATTORNEY NOW
If your spine was injured in an accident or due to someone else’s negligence, talk to an attorney at Feldman Legal Group to get the legal help you need. Our sense of dedication, knowledge, experience, and compassion are what make a difference. Contact a Tampa spinal injury lawyer at Feldman Legal Group today at (813) 639-9366 and let us help you.
OUR SPINAL INJURY LAWYER ANSWERS FAQS
Below are just a few of the most commonly asked questions our attorneys hear from clients.