Florida Overtime Wages Attorney/

Extra Time = Extra Pay

A Florida overtime wages attorney can help you receive fair compensation. There are laws requiring employers to fairly compensate their employees. If you believe that your employer has failed to pay you what you deserve for your overtime hours, a lawyer may be able to help you recover the money your employer owes you via a legal claim.

Why Choose Feldman Legal Group

Learning that your employer has failed to pay you your overtime wages can leave you angry and needing quality legal representation. Not every attorney focuses on overtime wages in Florida. Of the lawyers that do, you want to choose the one best suited to represent you and your case.

When you hire Feldman Legal Group to represent your case, you can expect the following in return:

  • Seasoned litigators who understand the fine details of your case
  • Passionate advocates who will argue aggressively for justice inside the courtroom
  • Knowledgeable lawyers who understand the Florida court system
  • Savvy advisors who know when to accept a reasonable settlement offer and when to pursue a verdict
  • Genuinely compassionate and honest attorneys who care about the outcome of your case.

We understand that fighting your employer for missing wages can be a difficult and uncomfortable decision. Our team has the experience, devotion, and know-how to help you secure the compensation you deserve.

Contact Feldman Legal Group to schedule your consultation. Call (813) 639-9366.

What You Need To Know About Overtime Wages

Every worker in Florida is important and deserves to be fairly compensated for their work. However, sometimes employers fail to properly compensate their employees. Sometimes this mistake is accidental, and other times it may be purposeful. Regardless of the employer’s reasons, you deserve to receive overtime pay when you work more than 40 hours a week.

If your employer has not compensated you for your overtime work, an overtime wage lawyer can help you secure your rightful compensation.

What should you expect when you contact the attorneys at Feldman Legal Group for help with missing Florida overtime wages?

The first step is to contact our law office by calling (813) 639-9366. We can help you arrange a consultation with a knowledgeable Florida overtime wages attorney.

During the initial consultation, you can expect the following:

  • Our lawyer will meet with you and listen to your story.
  • You will have the opportunity to have your questions answered by an unpaid overtime lawyer.
  • Our overtime attorney will offer you a preliminary analysis of your case, including its potential value and likelihood of success.
  • Our unpaid wages lawyer will explain the legal process and what you should expect if you decide to pursue legal action.
  • Our attorney will describe your available legal options and the next steps to pursuing compensation.

Not every worker is eligible to file a legal claim for unpaid overtime. However, if your employer has failed to pay you required wages, we can help you reclaim the missing wages. Our Florida overtime wages attorney will help you fight for the unpaid compensation your employer owes you.

Contact us today at (813) 639-9366 to schedule your initial consultation and speak with an experienced Florida overtime wages attorney.

What You Need to Know…

The workweek stands alone. Each workweek must be a fixed and regularly recurring period of seven consecutive 24-hour periods. Thus, an employer may not select any 7 days, nor combine 14 days to lump the time together.

Commissions and bonuses matter. Overtime rates must be based upon the regular rate for that week to include all commissions and bonuses earned or attributed to that workweek.

Late overtime payments mean employer penalties. If employers can’t calculate overtime wages until a later time, as is sometimes the case with commissions, employers must make good on the overtime pay as soon as possible or face a penalty, often resulting in greater pay for the employee.

Employees Know When They’ve Been Shorted

Feldman Legal Group Can Help

If you believe that you are owed overtime pay, reach out to an unpaid overtime lawyer at Feldman Legal Group to learn about your options. For over 20 years, we have been helping workers get the payment they deserve. Contact us today.

Under the FLSA and Florida’s Minimum Wage Act, your employer is required to maintain accurate and contemporaneous records of all time employees spend performing compensable work activities. If any employer fails to keep accurate time records, an overtime wage violation could have occurred. The employee may be awarded all reasonable estimates of the hours worked simply from a good faith estimate of the time the employee worked over the past two to three years for that employer. Our skilled Florida employment law attorneys help employees recover the overtime wages they are due.

How Your Estimate Works

If there is off-the-clock work or you were treated as salaried and exempt and your employer did not track or record your work hours, then your good faith estimate is sufficient. It will establish the hours of overtime pay to be awarded by a court or a jury.

How Calculation Of Overtime Rates Works

Depending on the payment structure of your regular wages or salary, the calculation of your overtime rate of pay may differ. Here are some common pay examples:

If you believe you are owed overtime pay, but did not receive it, seek the counsel of a skilled overtime wage attorney. Contact us and find out if you have a case: (813) 639-9366.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About Florida Overtime Wages

It is normal to have questions about Florida unpaid overtime wages, particularly if you believe your employer owes you compensation. Our overtime wage attorney helps people like you recover missing wages from their employers. Many of our clients ask us similar questions. The following is a compilation of frequently asked questions and answers by our unpaid overtime lawyer.

The Fair Labor Standards Act governs overtime pay for people in Florida. Florida’s minimum wage laws may also affect your overtime wages.

Yes. A company can choose not to pay overtime wages if the employee is exempt. However, employers must pay all non-exempt employees overtime of time-and-a-half when they work more than 40 hours per week.

If you are a non-exempt employee, your employer should pay you 1.5 times your hourly wage for every hour you work over 40 hours. For example, if your hourly wage is $20 and you work 50 hours, you should be paid $20 per hour for 40 hours and $30 per hour for your 10 hours of overtime, for a total pay of $1,100 per week. Your “overtime pay” for that week would be $300.

In Florida, employers must pay overtime to non-exempt employees who work more than 40 hours in seven days. Florida employers pay overtime at 150%, or time-and-a-half. If you normally make $12 per hour, your employer should pay you an overtime wage of $18 for all hours worked beyond 40.

If you win your claim for unpaid overtime wages in Florida, the court may award you with liquidated damages equal to your unpaid wages in addition to your unpaid wages. For example, if the court finds that your employer failed to pay you $4,000 in unpaid wages, you will receive your $4,000 in missing wages, plus up to $4,000 in liquidated damages, for up to $8,000.

According to the FLSA, you must file most unpaid overtime claims within two years. However, sometimes exceptions apply. To determine how much time you have to file your missing overtime wages claim, speak with a Florida overtime wages attorney in your area.

Get Help From a Florida Overtime Wages Attorney at Feldman Legal Group

It is important to remember that each case is unique. Your case may include special details that could create an exception to a general rule. Speaking directly with an experienced unpaid overtime attorney about your case is best. They can answer your questions directly rather than generally and advise you on the next steps to secure the wages your company owes you.

Contact the Florida overtime wages attorneys at Feldman Legal Group at (813) 639-9366.