Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) are a significant problem that most people don’t talk about. According to the International Brain Injury Association, 5.3 million Americans are living with brain-related disabilities.
Things don’t get any better when you have to deal with lost income, medical expenses, pain, suffering, and emotional distress. This leads to $40.6 billion in lost productivity from not being able to work and live independently.
Injuries like this are when you need to speak with the Tampa brain injury attorney at the Feldman Legal Group. We handle brain injury claims and know what to do to get you the support and assistance you need to deal with your injuries.
Contact us now at (813) 639-9366 to speak with a brain injury lawyer in Tampa. We will listen and go over your case and discuss your options.
Why Choose a Tampa Brain Injury Attorney at Feldman Legal Group
The Feldman Legal Group is a client-centered firm that focuses on helping those suffering from TBI. We stand up for your rights and are results driven. Our team of dedicated professionals is prepared for litigation but we want to go alternative routes that can avoid this option. We use litigation as leverage to show the other side that they must pay or face the consequences. This increases the odds that we can get a successful settlement in your favor.
We have handled many high-profile cases and know what to do to get the best results for you. Our clients give us five-star reviews for our knowledge, professionalism, and experience. We will not stop until getting favorable outcomes for you. Our advocacy approach is effective in getting results, and this is why our clients give us favorable reviews.
How a Tampa Brain Injury Lawyer at Feldman Legal Group Can Help
The Feldman Legal Group will give your case the attention it deserves. We never leave anything to chance and will help in several ways, including:
- Personal attention: You will work with an attorney that returns messages, emails, and text messages. We will never ignore you or pass you on to someone else with less experience. You will always work with a skilled attorney that can help you.
- Advocacy: Our attorneys are your advocates that will look out for your best interests. We know how to evaluate your injuries and determine what it will take to help you deal with the costs of your injury.
- Our former adversary wants to work with us: Our lawyers have such knowledge and skill that a former adversary contacted us to represent them. This is the ultimate compliment to our knowledge, skill, and experience.
- Experience: You work with an attorney that has decades of experience working on TBI cases. We put this experience to work for you so you get the best results. Our team will not stop until we create favorable outcomes for you.
- Skill: We have the knowledge and skill to make arguments clearly showing the effects of your injuries. This makes it harder for the other side to deny responsibility, and it increases the chances we will get a favorable settlement for you.
These are some of the ways a skilled brain injury lawyer in Tampa can help you.
The Feldman Legal Group has the knowledge, skill, experience, attention to detail, and tenacity to get the job done right. Contact us now at (813) 639-9366 to schedule your consultation with a skilled attorney.
The Most Common Causes of Traumatic Brain Injury
TBI is caused by numerous incidents and accidents including:
- Falls: Falls are one of the leading causes of TBI. Older adults are more likely to suffer from TBI by walking on uneven surfaces, wet floors, or hazards at home or in the workplace. Falls from ladders and scaffoldings could also cause TBI.
- Car accidents: Car accidents are one of the primary causes of TBI, when one vehicle collides with another and the impact forces the brain to hit the inside of your skull. TBI can develop shortly after the accident or much later on.
- Sports injuries: Sports injuries are another cause of TBI. Contact sports such as mixed martial arts, football, and boxing carry an increased risk of injury to the head from repeated blows.
- Assaults: Assaults that result in physical harm, such as domestic violence and physical attacks, may lead to TBI. The victims could suffer severe injuries from the assault that can cause brain damage, disabilities, and death.
- Workplace injuries: Workplace accidents will cause TBI in jobs requiring work with heavy machinery and at heights. Employees that work in mining, construction, and manufacturing are at the highest risk of suffering a TBI.
You might not realize you have TBI until much later on when doing some of the most basic tasks seem difficult. Even mild cases can have a significant impact your on health and medical care.
We recommend speaking with the Tampa brain lawyer at the Feldman Legal Group. We have worked on hundreds of brain injury claims and know what to do to get results for you. You will work with a dedicated attorney that listens and gives your case the attention it deserves.
The Types of TBI
TBI will occur when you are hit by a forceful blow, jolt, or bump to your head or body. These injuries occur when there is a forceful impact that affects specific parts of your brain. You could see signs such as bruising, bleeding, and nerve damage.
You may feel fine at first, until you get hit by the delayed trauma and secondary injury. This is when your brain swells and pushes against your skull. You will see a reduction in the flow of oxygen and a devastating secondary injury also known as TBI develops.
These injuries will vary depending on the severity of the episode and the damage to your brain. TBI is divided into four different categories:
- Mild TBI: This is when you look awake and everything appears normal. You will see symptoms such as confusion, headaches, memory loss, disorientation, and a brief loss of consciousness.
- Severe TBI: Severe TBI occurs with a loss of consciousness that lasts several hours, days, weeks, or months. It can cause permanent disabilities that impact doing the most essential daily tasks.
- Penetrating TBI: This is when an object such as shrapnel, a bullet, or a knife goes through the skull and into the brain. There is usually damage to specific areas of the brain where the object is lodged.
- Non-penetrating TBI: This is often referred to as blunt TBI. It takes place where there is a force that is strong enough to move the brain inside the skull. Some good examples include car accidents, falls, strikes to the head, and sports injuries.
TBIs are serious injuries, and you can’t underestimate the damage to the brain from sudden shocks to your body or head. You might feel fine but not realize until later on that you have a secondary injury. This affects your ability to work, and it places added financial strains on you from the lost income and medical bills
We recommend contacting the brain injury lawyer in Tampa if you suspect TBI or another brain injury. You will work with a team of dedicated professionals that have experience in handling these cases.
Compensation for Traumatic Brain Injury Victims
You may be entitled to compensation if you or someone you know has suffered TBI from someone else’s negligence. Here are some of the things you may be compensated for:
- Medical expenses: Medical expenses are one of the biggest things that hurt you financially. Just the portions that you are responsible for – co-pays and deductibles –can be in the hundreds to tens of thousands of dollars. Even with a nest egg, these costs can result in financial devastation. Getting compensation for these expenses helps you to receive the care you need so you never have to worry about extra medical treatment. These include hospital stays, continuing medical care, and emergency room visits.
- Lost wages: You have more than likely missed work because of your injury and you aren’t sure when or if you can go back. A skilled Tampa brain lawyer will help you to get compensation for lost wages and the time you miss from work due to your injuries. We hold the other party responsible so you get the assistance you need to support yourself and your family.
- Rehabilitation: You are facing the long process of going to occupational and physical therapy. This requires re-learning how to do those things you took for granted, such as walking. Our attorneys work with you to get the compensation to cover these costs. We understand that rehabilitation is expensive and are here to help you.
- Pain and suffering: Issues such as your pain, suffering, and emotional distress from your injury could reduce your quality of life. We help you to get compensation for these injuries.
- Long-term care: Your injuries could be so bad that you might need assisted living or in-home care. We work to ensure that those responsible for causing the accident bear the costs.
These are some of the things you can be compensated for because of your injury. We recommend speaking with a skilled attorney that will go over your situation and can help you.
Our Tampa Brain Injury Lawyers Answer FAQs
Here are just a few common questions that our brain injury attorneys hear from our clients:
The statute of limitations for these cases is four years from the date of the injury. There may be exceptions, and you should speak with a brain injury attorney as soon as possible. Time is of the essence in these cases, and we can help you to get the best information.
Your attorney will objectively evaluate your case and have a team of professionals that collects evidence. You will speak with our doctors who will provide their diagnosis and evaluate the extent of the injuries. Your attorney will negotiate with the other side to cover your lost wages, medical bills, pain, suffering, emotional distress, and accountability.
You are eligible for numerous damages including lost wages, pain, suffering, medical expenses, the future cost of medical care, and emotional distress Your attorney will not stop until we get favorable results for you.
TBI is caused by sudden shocks to the body including falls, sports injuries, car accidents, and physical assaults. We recommend speaking with a skilled attorney if you have any of these injuries. The signs of a traumatic brain injury may appear later on; and the sooner you act, the better we can help you.
The effects will vary depending on the extent of your injuries. Several of the most common signs of TBI are dizziness, memory loss, headaches, mood swings, and difficulty concentrating.
If you have any additional questions, please contact a brain injury lawyer at Feldman Legal Group by calling (813) 639-9366 today.
Contact a Tampa Brain Injury Attorney at Feldman Legal Group Today
The Feldman Legal Group will help you with your brain injury claims. You will work with a skilled Tampa brain injury attorney that has experience in handling these cases. We listen to what you say and create a customized legal strategy with our resources to get results for you.
Contact us now at (813) 639-9366 to schedule your consultation with a skilled Tampa brain lawyer.